I started flipping through a book this afternoon looking for some advice on something that happened today (material for a future post), when I came across something very funny. The book is Bringing up Boys by James Dobson. It’s a must-read for parents of boys as he has so much invaluable wisdom about raising boys. Toward the beginning of the book he tells of a little girl who wrote him with a list stating why girls are better than boys. It was very cute, but he decided to give boys a chance for a rebuttal by sending in their own opinions. Here is a partial list: (items with ** are my thoughts)
1. Boys can sit in front of a scary movie and not close their eyes once.
2. Boys don’t have to sit down every time they go. (**but they should for a cleaner bathroom!!)
3. Boys don’t get embarrassed easily.
4. Boys can go to the bathroom in the woods. (**or off the deck when Mom’s not looking)
5. Boys can climb trees better.
6. Boys don’t worry about “diet-this” and “diet-that”
7. Boys are better tractor drivers than girls.
8. Boys rite better than girls. (**how cute is that?!)
9. Boys can build better forts than girls.
10. Boys can take pain better than girls.
11. Boys are way more cooler.
12. Boys don’t waste their life at the mall. (**it’s not all a waste…)
13. Boys aren’t afraid of reptiels.
14. Boys shave more than girls. (**WHAT?!)
15. Boys don’t do all those wiggaly movmets when they walk.
16. Boys aren’t smart alickes.
17. Boys don’t cray and feel sorry when they kill a fly.
18. Boys don’t use as much deodarent.
19. Boys learn to make funny noises with their armpits faster.
20. Boys can tie better knots – especially girls pony tails. (** I think that’s happened to me before…)
21. Boys get to blow up more stuff.
22. Without boys there would be no babies.
23. Boys don’t WINE.
24. Boys hum best.
25. Boys are proud of their odor.
26. Boys don’t hog the phone.
27. Boys bait their own hook when they fish.
28. Boys don’t wake up with bad hair. (** I beg to differ)
29. Boys don’t take two million years to get ready.
30. Boys couldn’t care less about Barby.
31. Boys don’t care if their noses aren’t perfect.
32. Boys respect everything and everyone including GIRLS! (**that’s the hope!)
Hope this put a smile on your face! Enjoy your boys!