Thursday, July 1, 2010

Let me introduce myself


I stumbled across blogging quite accidently one day when I was searching the web for inspiration. I was helping host a Jane Austen themed bridal shower (more on Jane Austen later!) for my brother’s fiance, and wanted to find some tea related recipes and/or decorations. I stumbled across a few baking blogs and became addicted immediately. There are other people out there who are just as passionate about decorative cookies and beautiful cakes as I am?! And they care about the visual presentation of food by taking gorgeous photographs of their baked goods? AND they have small kids at home?


So I started thinking about starting a blog myself. What would I write about? What am I passionate about? What do I struggle with/think about/want to share? I was in the kitchen the other evening looking for my spatula. Tired of looking for my belongings that seem to get misplaced often (sometimes my fault, but mostly not), I let out an exhaustive cry: "Where is my spatula?!" Just as I was finished with my pity party, I heard a clinking noise by the oven. I looked down, and there was my 1-year-old pushing silverware in a 1 inch crack just below the oven and above the cabinet it sits on. So that's where the silverware has been hiding! No doubt my spatula made its way in there, too. Can't I just bake some cookies without going on a treasure hunt first? But then again, that wouldn't be as fun, would it?


Because I currently spend 90% of my waking hours with my three sons (and eventually my husband), most of my daily thoughts, struggles and joy revolve around them. The remaining 10% of my time is spent delighting in the hobbies that also give me joy: baking, crafts, and reading. Having children around while trying to explore my more creative side has its unique challenges. Hopefully through this process I will be encouraged to know that I am not alone in this journey of raising young children (especially boys) while trying to express other sides of me. Hopefully I can also encourage other mothers out there through my stories and experiences. And it wouldn’t hurt to have a few laughs along the way…




2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Love the name and your blog design. Great Job!! Look forward to reading more about your life...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my blog was as nice as yours. Good job, and this domesticated moron even enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete