Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mad Science Birthday Party



My oldest child loved the Mad Science after-school program at his school this year. When I heard they did birthday parties, I jumped at the opportunity.


A "scientist" comes out to your house and puts on a little show that's somewhere between a magic show and a science show that the kids can both watch and participate in. It was fun!

Here they are playing with a little dry ice.

They also got to make some green slime to take home. The look on my nephew's face below reveals how fun this was!

What is it with boys and slime?!


I once again was inspired by Amy Locurto's science party she threw for her son. She is the ultimate party planner and so incredibly talented. Thanks to Amy for letting me use some of her ideas for this party!


She introduced the Diet Coke/Mentos experiment, which I decided would be the hit of my son's party. Here's a few guys who take this science phenomenon to the max, check it out! Basically, you drop 6-7 Mentos candies into a 2-L bottle of Diet Coke, and there's an explosion!



Even though it was raining, we didn't care and the kids had so much fun watching Diet Coke geysers! I think it was the hit of the party.

Next, cupcakes!!

I had the kids decorate their own, choosing from gummy worms, M&M's, sprinkles, and crushed Oreo's.

And then they went home just in time for their sugar high to set in! Well, not this little guy, he's mine! :)


Wow, I can't believe I have an 8-year-old!

The treat bags included science-related treats, including full directions on how to do the Diet Coke/Mentos experiment at home!

Happy 8th b-day buddy! Hope this was one to remember! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment