Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bake Club - Pretzels


Although I usually think of sweet items when I think of baking, I'm glad my friend Amy introduced a savory item to focus on at this month's bake club: PRETZELS.


I had NO idea how to make them, so I'm glad I finally got to learn! The recipe is to come...

Step 1: prepare the dough and let it rise.


Step 2: cut dough into even portions and roll out on a cutting board


Step 3: shape long dough piece into a pretzel (I had a "now wait, what does a pretzel look like again?" moment!)


Step 4: Place pretzels carefully into simmering water and let sit for a few minutes.




Step 5: Carefully scoop pretzels out and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with salt.




Step 6: Put pretzels in the oven and take a break and sip on some cool summer wine!



Step 7. Smell the amazing scent that will drift from the oven. When the pretzels are browned, take them out and brush with butter if desired (trust me, you'll want the butter - yum!).

Step 8: Taste your creation. You can dip them in spicy mustard, cheddar sauce, or just eat them plain (which is the best choice in my opinion, right out of the oven!).

See you next month with some cupcakes!

1 comment:

  1. Andrea...can you bring some of these to our next community group meeting??? They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete