Sunday, August 8, 2010

County Fair




What's your favorite part of the fair?

I always enjoyed looking at the horses and watching them compete. Horses are so giant and strong, yet at the same time beautiful and gentle.


My best memory of riding was when I was in Australia during my study abroad experience in college. I went on a horseback riding expedition one weekend with my friends when we came up to a beach along the Great Barrier Reef. Our trail leader stopped us at this point and helped us take the saddles off of our horses. What came next I will never forget. We galloped BAREBACK along the white sand beach. But I digress....

Back to the fair, the county fair that is. We not only saw some horses, but some lovely pigs, cows, chickens, rabbits, goats, and even a few turkeys.



The boys were fascinated by a sheep (goat?) getting sheared.

They were able to feed a few animals, too.


I think the highlight of the day was getting balloon animals (actually an airplane and an alien!). The same lady comes to the fair every year to make animals for the kids. We look forward to it! Unfortunately, the balloons didn't make it home in one piece, but there's always next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment