Sunday, February 13, 2011

Conversation Heart Cookies


Are you a magazine hoarder?


I have piles of magazines at home, usually filled with pages that have been marked by myself. I fold down the edges of articles or pictures that I like: recipes I want to try, table decorations I like, a trip I want to take, etc.


I had to come up with a way to organize it all! I bought a large 3-ring binder and some clear plastic page protectors and started ripping these pages out of my magazines to put in this new binder. I did not stop there. I had to organize by type of article AND season.


So what does all of this have to do with heart cookies you ask?

When I saw this idea from one of my Living magazines from a few years ago, I ripped it out and saved it. This year, I went to my winter baking section for inspiration, and these cookies found me! So in my attempt to get organized, I was actually rewarded with a fun idea for this year.


So if you need an idea to give teachers or loved ones, or just want to enjoy some baking time with your kids (or by yourself!) this Valentine's Day, try these conversation cookies out. It's a basic sugar cookie and royal icing recipe. I used alphabet stamps and food dye for the letters.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment